If you are a parent, handling your kid’s crucial responsibilities is a job that is full of worries. You might be cool and calm by nature, but when it is about kids’ health care, worries and anxiety rush into your mind in the blink of an eye.
You might be looking for ways to help you monitor your baby’s health but still not sure which smart health monitoring device is worthy of your baby’s health and investment.
No worries! We have covered all your worries and are here to help you share all the crucial factors about the smart baby monitoring device, so keep reading if you want to know more about them.
Owlet Smart Sock 2 is a monitor device, especially for babies and smaller kids, for tracking their health and crucial heartbeats. In this post, we have covered the Owlet Smart Sock 2 Review: The Future Of Baby Monitors to help you decide if it is worth investing in.
What is the Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitor Device?
Owlet Smart Sock 2 is a surveillance device that accurately tracks your baby’s health and is comparatively better than a video monitor device. The Owlet Smart Sock 2 is the new version of the smart monitor Owlet Smart Sock. This monitor device includes a Smart sock monitor and a camera bundle to enhance your baby’s health tracking. This device is a wearable sock that works via Wi-Fi communication features.
Special Features of Owlet Smart Sock 2 Monitoring Device
- This smart baby monitoring device helps you track your baby’s crucial health factors. This monitoring device is on the rise because it accurately measures your baby’s sleeping patterns, total sleeping time, oxygen levels, walking, and heartbeats.
- This wearable sock device uses night vision sensor technology so that you can use it for your baby during the night sleeping schedule without worry or doubt.
- Complement the video and audio monitor, the Owlet smart sock two devices are a complement and unbeatable smart monitoring device.
How Does the Owlet Smart Sock 2 Monitoring Device Work?
Owlet monitoring devices work on light and sock feature non-invasive technology. This device uses Pulse Oximetry technology. This smart monitoring device is made up of plastic, Nylon, and Spandex and runs on a Lithium-ion battery that can run up to 7 days after full charging.
You have to power on the smart sock 2, set up a light and safe sock frequency, and attach it to your baby’s foot. In appearance, it looks like tying a handkerchief on the baby’s foot or secure footwear that covers their sole area from top to bottom. The Owlet Smart Sock 2 will quickly show your baby’s heartbeat and oxygen level range. It will also show you if it is normal and safe or alert and the levels are out of the safe zone.
If you are not nearby, you must set up a base station and use it to track your baby’s health from a distance. This base station will connect you and the Owlet smart sock 2 device with an alert via Bluetooth features. When the device gets the sock of your baby’s feet, it will send you the data if the situation is abnormal. If you want to track fine details along with the alert situations, you can track it via the Owlet smart sock app on your smartphone. To track the baby’s health data via smartphone, you need to download the Owlet sock app on your device. Further, connect the base station of Owlet smart sock deviWi-Fi connection.
Apart from your baby’s heartbeats and oxygen level, you can also track the trends of their sleep patterns. You can easily check and analyze how many hours your baby sleeps and what is their natural sleeping schedule so that you can make changes and adjust your schedule with that.
When you connect the Owlet smart shock device with the smartphone, you can track the changes within the range of ten feet while connecting it with the 2.4 GHz connection range. The good thing is that you can increase the connection range frequency up to 5 GHz. You can get the manual guide while purchasing it to make installing and using the Owlet smart wearable sock easy.
Reviewing: Owlet Smart Sock 2 Baby Monitoring Device
We found the Owlet smart sock comfortable. During unboxing, the Owlet Smart Sock 2 consists of three wearings resembling light baby footwear or socks. When it is about the touch and feel, these wearable monitoring socks are in a soft cotton fabric that is safe for your baby’s foot skin.
The wearable socks are washable, so there is no fear of damage with water and moisture. The Owl Smart Socket 2 is comfortable for a baby younger than 18 months or has a weight equal to or less than 25 pounds for proper functioning. When we place the base station in the range of approx 30 meters, the Owlet smart sock 2 works accurately.
When washing the Owlet Smart Sock 2, you can use cold water and wash them gently with your hands. Please don’t put them in the washing machine, or else it might damage the internal components of the Owlet smart sock 2.
Regarding usability, the device is worthy for your baby, and you can get some peace of mind and good sound sleep after tiredness. When there is any issue or problem in breathing because of oxygen level or heart beating rising or failing more than the normal rate of the baby, the device will automatically notify you. Despite being costly, the price is worth the investment because it can help your baby stay safe and alert you to smaller risks.
Usability of Owlet Smart Sock 2 Wearable Device
- The design of Owlet wearable socks is thoughtful and innovative, making these wearable socks comfortable around the feet of a baby, and comes in various sizes. So, you have to pick up wearable socks that fit your baby’s feet. You must put this wearable sock on your baby’s feet for tracking.
- If the wearable sock does not rightly fit around your baby’s fit, it will notify you to put it in the right way. When the wearable sock is correctly fitted to the baby’s fit, you can check out the crucial health data of your baby from your smartphone. If the socks become loose, the Owlet device will notify you.
- The manual guide instructions are easy to follow and helpful to guide you if you are using the device in the right way.
- For better performance, the Owlet smart device needs a good connection.
- The battery life of Owlet Smart Sock 2 is also good compared to many other smart baby health monitoring devices. It can run up to 7 days after a full charging cycle.
- This device doesn’t have audio and video monitoring, so you must buy them separately if necessary.
- The Owlet monitoring wearable socks sensor needs regular charging. So, insert a suitable USB cable, and keep it fully charged for better measurements.
- The best thing about the alert notification is that the alert sound is too loud, which is good for waking up from a sound sleep.
How Safe Is Owlet Smart Sock 2 Wearable Device for Kids?
The Owlet smart sock 2 monitoring device is compact, portable, and light in weight. The Owlet smart sock 2 socket is breathable and comfy. Your baby will not feel suffocated because of this device.
If you accidentally fall asleep because of tiredness, you don’t have to worry about the breathing issues of your baby, as the wearable socks will notify you when they will change from the normal range. The alert notification sound is alarming, and you can hear it from another room or in your sleep.
So, the Owlet wearable socks are safer to use for your baby. And if your baby sleeps peacefully, it improves your mental peace. It reduces your sleep anxiety issues that were or might happen because of too much worrying and insufficient sleep.
Pros and Cons of Using Owlet Smart Sock 2
- The Owlet sock is accurate and comfortable in tracking the baby’s health. The device’s innovative approach is awesome and well-executed, making it safe. The wearable socks are reliable and safer, offer comfort to your baby, and are good for your sleeping schedule.
- Compared to a video monitor, the accuracy of Owlet smart sock 2 is better in measuring and tracking your baby’s health.
- The owlet smart sock 2 is only compatible with iOS devices currently.
- This wearable device alone is insufficient if needed as it lacks some features compared to the video monitor device, like tracking how your baby is behaving, crying, jumping, etc.
- Owlet smart Sock 2 doesn’t offer – Infrared night vision features, two-way talking, multiple cameras, capturing videos and snapshots of your baby, and voice capturing features. So this device works wonders if you have video and audio monitors as supplements.
If you are worried about your baby’s health and care, Owlet smart sock 2 keeps track of their heartbeats and oxygen levels. These wearable socks are worth investing in and safe for your kid and their skin, as shared in this brief personalized review of Owlet Smart Sock 2.
Every parent is concerned for their baby’s health. After all, parenthood comes with many responsibilities and is always priceless. If you want to rest assured about your baby’s Breathing comfort and heat beating, the Owlet Smart Sock 2 is all you need to supplement your audio and video monitoring smart devices.
This post showed you the Owlet smart Sock 2 review and how it is becoming the future of baby monitoring to help you decide if it is for you and your baby.
If you want more ways to try better tips and recommendations for your kids, sign up to get our best strategies sent to your inbox.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I Trust Owlet Smart Sock 2 Wearable Device if I Fall Asleep?
Yes, Owlet smart socks are safe when monitoring your baby’s health and are a crucial factor. If you wake up with an alarm clock or alert signals, you can trust Owlet’s smart wearable sock. But if something happens, and the device gives you the alert signals, and if you didn’t wake up because of deep sleep and too much tiredness, the Owlet smart wearable sock will not be able to help in this situation. So this wearable monitoring sock is safe, as you can wake up the alert signals and notifications.
Is Wearing the Wearable Sock on My Baby’s Feet for Long Hours Safe?
If you put the wearable sock on your baby’s feet for long hours, they will not feel anything different. The feeling is similar to without the owlet sock two wearable. The only difference is the health tracking, which you can also feel via the smartphone and base station. So don’t worry if you forget it on your baby’s feet for a long time.
When it concerns hygiene, you must take care; otherwise, it might not be good for them. So you can change the wearable sock daily. And as far as you are using clean, wearable socks with a regular wash, it is safe for your baby.
For What Heartbeat and Oxygen Level Should I Set Off the Owlet Smart Sock 2 Alarm?
The normal heartbeat range for a baby is 60 to 220. So, the heartbeat rates below 60 and above 220 are not in the normal range and should be set off as the alarm. When the baby’s heartbeat is out of the range of 60 to 220, it will ring loudly. Regarding oxygen, the device will raise the alarm if its wall falls below eighty percent. When the situation is alarming, the device will notify the red alarm with a loud and obnoxious ring.