What You’ll Need
- Embroidery Needles (duller tips = safer for smaller fingers)
- Jelly Beans or a similar candy
- Stretch cording/elastic
What To Do
- Show the kids how to do this with a small example before letting them thread on their own.
- Tie a knot at one end of the string so your jelly beans don’t slide off
- One by one, thread jelly beans onto the string using your embroidery needle. When you’re finished, tie the two ends together.
- Let the snacking begin!
- One of the great things about this activity is it works for a range of ages. You can have all the kids in the family at one table spending time together while they create!
- Encourage the kids to create their own patterns. It’s a great exercise for little minds.
- Older kids might want to try making necklaces or double bracelets.