The temps are up, which means after school we all just want to cool down a bit. You know, before homework and chores and racing around to a billion different tasks.
Here are five snacks that won’t give the kids cavities, can be made at home and are SO good, you’ll want to hoard them all to yourself.
- Almond-ella Spread with Strawberries from Love & Lemons // A DIY healthier alternative to Nutella. Top it with your favorite berries or banana slices for a super refreshing sweet treat.
- Mango Salsa from A Cup of Jo // Yum. Use this salsa as a dip with pita chips or tortilla chips for a snack, and serve it with chicken or fish at dinner.
- Spring Bouquet Popsicles from Fresh Family Cooking // These are almost too pretty to eat. They’d be great for a spring party, but would really add some magic to after school snacking, too.
- Mango Frocho Pop from Chicago Parent // These are simple to make and use ingredients you might already have in the house (you know, if you’re on that greek yogurt craze).
- Healthy Frozen Yogurt Bites from Brit+Co. // This is a recipe that easy to switch up based on what fruits your kids love. Delicious little servings of fryo, without the line at the shop.