I love being a part of the Parenting Team at TODAY. The team just turned one, and to celebrate we shared three awesome party themes that are perfectly tailored for different ages.
I decided to go full-tween and plan an emoji party I know my boys would love. Watch the video below to see my tips:
My tips for an unforgettable, tween-approved Emoji Party:
- Create an emoji "photo wall" for the kids so they can take selfies and other Instagram-ready pictures. Even if they're not on social media, this is a way for them to use phones in a fun and supervised way. Use plain yellow Mylar balloons that kids can turn into emojis with shapes they cut out of construction paper and attach with double-sided tape to the balloons.
- Stock a nearby basket with photo booth props, like a yellow paper plate and foam hand.
- Send emoji-themed invitations. Use emoji stickers you can buy at party stores to get things started.
- Serve cute emoji-themed foods, such as finger sandwiches made with smiley fries that you can buy in the frozen food section of any grocery store, cupcakes decorated to look like emojis,
- Decorated yellow paper cups with stickers to make emoji faces, and fill them with popcorn or any snack.