If you are a concerned parent like many others and believe in having all the facilities for your baby, you have the tough job of finding appropriate and best gadgets.
Even when you can afford these gadgets happily, the concern is again about the quality and if it is useful for your baby and can help you to set free from your deep concern towards your baby and their health.
No worries. We are here to help you select the best devices by sharing crucial benefits, flaws, and our personal experience with the device. So keep reading if you want to know more about Infant Optics.
Optics Infant DXR 8 is a baby video monitor device that is simple and not so techy for parents. That means setting up and tracking the baby’s activities is easier with this baby monitor.
In this post, we have covered the Infant Optics DXR 8 Review to help you decide if it is still the best baby monitor.
What is Infant Optics DXR 8 Device?
Infant optics is a baby monitoring device that works on radio connectivity. It was first rolled out in 2014, and since then, it has been upgraded a lot. The new model is Infant Optics DXR 8 Pro. The device setup and usage is easy, so it is suitable for parents and works smoothly if caretakers or elders use it with low-tech knowledge.
The infant optics is made of plastic, making it lighter and free from electric shock issues. It also offers a video monitoring feature and supports night vision. The vivid large-screen display offers you full control of higher-quality video tracks.
Special Features of Infant Optics DXR 8 Baby Monitor Device
- Infant Optics works on the Radio Monitor connectivity that is 2.4 GHz FHSS, so you don’t need the wifi connection.
- This device’s monitoring feature is reliable and works by filtering out noise reduction, like cancellation of the fan’s noise, AC, and other soft sounds in the background. Another good thing about the audio feature is that infant optics allow two-way talk.
- The device has multiple cameras feature, and each camera can offer tracking up to 170 degrees.
- The video monitoring is of higher quality and ultra-clear with enhanced night vision. You can see the baby footage in 720 P sharp and clear quality.
- The Infant Optics is hackproof and has only audio and video monitoring features for the home interior. That means no person except you can hack into your baby’s private data.
- The device has a large screen with 5 inches display that offers monitoring with brightness adjustment features in a colorful display (not restricted to black and white). You will have full view mode control while using the Infant optics bay monitoring device.
- The setup and usage of Infant optics are easy, making it a good fit for people looking for devices that are easier to handle in simple ways with much tech knowledge.
How Does Infant Optics DXR 8 Baby Monitor Work?
The infant optics device working process is simple, from setup to tracking. The device package includes a parent motor, rechargeable lithium-ion battery, cameras (Standard, baby, Zoom lens), USB output adapter, two USB power cables for the infant optics Power Monitor device, and one power adapter for the baby camera.
You must pair the Power monitor device (Parent Unit of Infant Optics) with the cameras. You will find the pairing key on the Camera unit’s bottom side. Press and hold that for a few seconds until the LED light flashes green, and your device setup will be in pairing mode.
On the parent unit of infant optics, you can see the camera option and add it by selecting it. This way, you can pair and connect all cameras like standard, baby, and zoom lenses. At one time, the maximum limit of connecting and pairing the cameras with the infant optics parent unit is only four.
Insert the battery, and your setup is almost complete. Examine it by taking a sample tracking if it is working.
At one time, you will not be able to see all by splitting the screen, but you can switch between the camera options and check the monitoring activities from all cameras. To switch between the cameras, you must only press the Okay button.
Since the device offers two-way communication, you can easily speak to your baby via the connected camera.
That’s how it works. You don’t need a wifi connection. It will work on the radio connectivity feature. The new Infant Optics DXR 8 model also has a wifi connectivity feature. If you got the latest pro model with the wifi connectivity, some of its features and working might be slightly different.
Regarding the overall and comparative working features, Whatever you expect from a baby monitor device, there are infant optics that are well executed. The Infant Optics DXR 8 device also has special features not found in several other baby monitoring devices.
Our Experience with Infant Optics Baby Monitoring Device
The packaging comes with the Infant Optics device, a specific battery, and other essential units of infant optics like multiple cameras, power cords, and USB cables. The infant optics monitoring device is compatible with AC and DC power sources.
1. Usability of Infant Optics
As far as it is about the ease of usability, everything is simple, from setup to tracking. The cameras are easy to install and power up. The tracking is easy to monitor via the parent motor unit. So, our experience with usability is good.
2. Audio Quality
Infant Optics cancel out the background noise, so it doesn’t affect our sleeping pattern. The device focuses on primary noise like a baby’s crying or heavy breathing. You can easily speak via the camera, and the experience of two-way conversation is awesome. We are in love with the audio quality of infant optics.
3. Video Quality
Infant Optics has multiple interchangeable lenses like a standard, baby, and zoom angle lens. We have also purchased the wide-angle lens from the add-on Infant Optics Products.
The multiple cameras offer great support in monitoring, and the video quality supports night vision. We can easily use the zoom lens from the parent moto unit to see near or far activities around the baby. The baby camera is sufficient to track the activities of the. And the separate wide-angle camera we got also works up to 170 degrees monitoring.
4. Battery Life
Infant Optics’ battery life is good and sufficient enough to run during our sleeping time. When the battery drains so much and is almost exhausted, the parent monitor unit starts beeping. When recharging, it takes up to several hours to get fully charged.
5. Signal Strength
The wireless radio signal connectivity offers a good range for infant optics working. 2.4 GHz FHSS radio signals work up to the four-floor building in the home interior (up to 25 meters) and 210 meters outside the home. So you can track the monitoring activities within this range. The range is affected by the homes and their structure in the surrounding, and if affected in crowded cities.
How Safe Is Infant Optics DXR Baby Monitor?
Infant Optics DXR 8 works on radio connectivity encrypted with FHSS signals. So, breaching the privacy or hacking of a device is minimal or almost impossible to a greater extent. If your device has wifi connectivity, the person needs to be in the range of home wifi areas to access data and decryption. So it is a much safer baby monitoring device for privacy.
Since you don’t need to attach the device to your baby in any way, and all the tracking activity happens via the multiple cameras controlled by the Power unit, Infant optics is again safe for your baby.
The rays emitting from cameras are EMF of average 1.86 mG frequency when you keep the cameras at least six to seven feet away from your baby. If you are concerned about their future health risk because of EMF emitting from the cameras, set the frequency between 0.5 mG to 2.5 mG for safer exposure and better safety.
When it is about your safety, keep the Infant Optics Parnet motor unit at least one meter away from your resting or working location so that the EMF emanating exposure will be minimal. A good distance is better for better safety.
Pros And Cons of Using Infant Optics DXR 8
- The Infant Optics Setup is easy to use, and the data automatically syncs rapidly when you power it on. The battery of infant optics also has a long life.
- It works on Radio connection technology, so you don’t need an internet or wifi connection to use this device.
- The best thing about Infant optics is the multiple cameras facility.
- Infant Optics has good noise reduction features focusing on crucial sounds like a baby’s crying.
- The device also offers zoom features along with pan and tilt.
- Though the device has multiple cameras, it doesn’t offer a wide-angle feature because it lacks a wide-angle lens.
- Infant optics doesn’t have a remote control, so you can’t get snapshots and video capturing for later use, and you can get the data on smartphones or big screen devices like TV or Laptop.
- Unlike several latest baby monitoring devices, Infant Optics has fewer tracking features if you want to track things outside the home.
- Infant Optics emit EMF that are not good for long-term health benefits. So you need to keep the cameras at least six to seven feet away from Baby’s presence and the parent motor unit at least one meter away from Parents or caretakers.
If you want a simple setup and easy-to-use device for your baby to eliminate all the infant-related worries, the Infant Optics DXR 8 device might be all you need. This device offers audio and video monitoring features, with excellent and reliable video and audio quality for your baby.
This review has covered all the crucial things from special features to working, advantages and disadvantages of using Infant Optics DXR 8 for your baby monitoring, and a working process overview to help you if this is what you are looking for.
This post showed you the Infant Optics DXR 8 Review to help you decide if it is still the best baby monitoring device for your baby.
If you want more ways and better recommendations for your kids, sign up to get our best strategies and recommendations sent to your inbox.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Can I Check the Multiple Cameras Monitoring?
To check the multiple cameras monitoring, you have to press the Okay button to switch between the views of multiple cameras, respectively. The device doesn’t allow viewing multiple cameras tracking simultaneously with a split screen. So you can only view the scenario of one camera at a time and quickly switch between the others to see activities and tracking via them.
How Can I Add a Wide-Angle Camera Lens with An Infant Optics Power Unit?
To add a wide-angle camera with an Infant Optics power unit, you have to pair it with the device. You can follow the same procedure used for other paired cameras to pair it with the power unit. Hold the pairing key beneath the camera for a few seconds until the LED flashes green light. Check the notification of the pairing device on the power unit, select the wide-angle camera, and pair it. If the power unit for Infant Optics already has four cameras, you will not be able to connect wide-angle camera lenses.
What if I Get the Infant Optics and Start Facing Issues Sooner?
If you get the infant optics device and it starts misbehaving because of internal issues, you can contact the customer support team of Infant Optics via email or (800) 291-0195. This support is applicable only for the warranty period of the Infant Optics DXR 8 device, which is one year. So if your device is newer and you have been using it for less than a year, you can contact them during working hours.